VESPEL® CR-6100 COMPOSITE MATERIAL
For over 20 years, Boulden has been improving the reliability, efficiency and safety of pumps. Through our long-term partnership with DuPont™, Boulden has a proven track record of solving complex operational challenges using Vespel® CR-6100.
Boulden understands the financial and operational impact caused by equipment failures and the importance of keeping high-value machinery running. Pumps that break down don’t help you get your job done. Protect your pump from wear, damage and failure with parts made from Vespel® CR-6100. Boulden carries a large inventory of Vespel® CR-6100 to help get your machinery back up and running. Material is ready for immediate shipment from our facilities in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania (USA), Houston, Texas (USA), Luxembourg and Singapore. Learn more about our standard stock sizes.
What is Vespel® CR-6100?
DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 is a composite material manufactured from Teflon® PFA and carbon fibers. Due to its excellent dimensional stability, chemical resistance, and large temperature range, DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 replaces metal, carbon, bronze, and other composite materials for use in pump wear rings, vertical pump shaft bearings, throat bushings, throttle bushings and similar wear parts in centrifugal pumps. Below are some of the properties of Vespel® CR-6100 which make it ideal for rotating equipment wear components:
- Temperature capabilities from cryogenic to 500⁰F (260⁰C)
- Coefficient of thermal expansion less than carbon steel (in the x-y plane)
- Near-universal chemical compatibility.
- Ease of machining and installation
- Always in stock
Key Advantages of Utilizing Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100
Upgrading your pumps with Vespel® CR-6100 offers substantial benefits and excellent return on your investment. Pumps are easier to operate, more reliable, and more efficient when fitted with Vespel® CR-6100 wear parts with reduced operating clearance. Some benefits of this upgrade include:
Properties of Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100
Some key properties which make Vespel® CR-6100 ideal for pump wear components:
|Broad Chemical Resistance
|Hydrocarbons, aromatics, acids, amines, boiler feed water, and many other chemicals
|Large Temperature Range
|Cryogenic (-300 F/-200 C) to 500 F/260 C
|Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
|3.1 X 10-6 (in/in • F) 5.6 X 10-6 (m/m • C)
|Low water absorption
|0.01% by weight
What Types of Parts Can Be Made from Vespel® CR-6100?
Vespel® CR-6100 can be fabricated into a wide range of rotating equipment wear parts. The material is easy to machine to tight tolerances in nearly any kind of geometry. Examples of components which can be fabricated from Vespel® CR-6100 are:
What Types of Problems Can Vespel® CR-6100 Parts Solve?
Vespel® CR-6100 parts can help solve a lot of problems. Field studies have shown that replacing metal wear parts with Vespel® CR-6100 and reduced clearance can double the life of your “bad actor” pumps. Some problems that Vespel® CR-6100 parts can help to solve include:
Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100 Machined Parts & Machining Specs
At Boulden our dedicated CNC machines can quickly and effectively produce finished or semi-finished machined parts with short turnaround times. Whatever your component geometry, we can work with you to design and manufacture a Vespel® CR-6100 part to suit your application needs. The specifications for machining Vespel include the following parameters:
- Use carbide tipped tools with a 5° to 15° rake angle at the front face and a positive (0 to 5°) back rake angle.
- For longer production runs, diamond tipped tools or inserts provide increased tool life.
- Use feeds and speeds appropriate for turning aluminum.
- Coolant is not normally required for turning, unless there is a need to maximize dimensional stability.
- Turned diameter surface finishes of 63 micro-inches (1.6 micro-meters) are typical using a visual surface finish reference guide.
- Bushing grooves, axial and spiral type, can be generated using standard carbide tipped broaching tools or end mills.
- As in machining all fluorocarbon materials, part temperature should be maintained below 572°F (300°C) to avoid the possible liberation of a fine particulate fume. See the DuPont MSDS for Vespel® CR-6100 if more detailed information is required.
Contact Boulden for Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100 Today
For more information about Vespel® CR-6100 parts, contact Boulden today. We have the composite material you need in stock and can ship immediately. Looking for Technical Datasheets or Installation Guides, click here. Or if you want to know more about Boulden, sign up for our newsletter!